Women are more likely to get infected by sexually transmitted diseases and still they are unaware as the symptoms are not much clear.
Women health reproductive, women reproductive health, health reproductive woman, woman s health reproductive, health reproductive womens
Most of the women die of poor reproductive health as a result of unwanted pregnancies or because of sexually transmitted diseases. Sexually transmitted disease, as the term indicates is any sort of venereal disease caused due to sexual intercourse or other sexual intact. The microbes which cause STD’s are just opportunity bugs that don’t consider any gender or sex but only require a warm body. In women, STD’s often lead to infertility, miscarriage, infection among the newborn or premature birth of the child.
You should know the below mentioned facts to protect yourselves from sexually transmitted diseases.
1. STD easily spreads when there is any transfer of bodily fluids such as semen, vaginal secretions or blood from any person to another.
2. If a person has any sort of sexually transmitted disease and some other person has sex with that infected person, he or she is the quickest victim of STD. This is the reason why one should avoid having multiple partners or any monogamous relationship where one person is carrying an infection from a prior sexual encounter.
3. Sexually transmitted diseases are very contagious so if a woman has sex with his partner who is already infected with gonorrhea (a kind of STD) then she holds a chance of 80 to 90 percent of getting the disease. In case her partner carries two diseases namely gonorrhea and Chlamydia, she could be infected with both of them at the same time.
4. Vaginal intercourse carries the highest STD infections but other routes such as anal sex, oral sex or sexual abuse of children and mother to baby infection during child birth are also causes for such diseases.
5. STD’s weakens the immune system and therefore if a person is infected with such disease he or she has more chances of getting other infections. Even if a person recovers from a sexually transmitted disease, he or she has a weak immune system.
6. STD among women is not much obvious as compared to men which show clear symptoms of the disease. As such the problem could be misdiagnosed among women.
7. Most of the times, it happens that women are infected with such diseases but since the symptoms are not clear they unknowingly infect other sexual partner.
8. Men are secretly bisexual and as such they could easily pick up an STD from any homosexual encounter and pass it to an unsuspecting heterosexual partner.
9. Lesbians are less likely to have STD’s as sexually transmitted diseases are not easily spread from woman to woman.
For further information you can visit our recommended website womensreproductivehealth.info